Monday, June 4, 2007

Life as a new Paramedic...no not a Paradick

So it's official, I am a fully cleared and certified paramedic. Yet, the question still sits, does 18 months of hell truly make me ready for it? Does the torture and training I have endured for the last 18 months of life truly prepared me to be the best damn paramedic that I can be? Truly I think that I will be alright and shouldn't have to much of an issue. I've had some of the best preceptors, from the zombiemedic to the other Jew, to the cynical knuckle dragging cousin fucker. These people and many more in the field have taught me that it is not just me out there and that I will do the best for my patients.

I understand I am not alone on the ambulance and the partner I get is only as good as I train them to be and allow them to be. We are a team and must act as a team no matter what. I could hate this person from the very bowels of hell and I must still like them and yearn to teach them. I know a good basic will save my ass not once, but every single day! And thus I must also have they're back. this person must also have a fundamental understanding of the basics and more. I know that when I come upon a scene I must be able to deal with every person I come in contact and control them with a air of respect to the patient and the crews. I must be able to command chaotic control. But these things, all must be done without getting the title of Paradick or Paragod, neither of which I hope to be. I really hope that my friends will be able to keep me inline and away from this fault.

So as short as my Paramedic career has been already, I have already had to deal with two double fatal accidents and it's hard on the soul. I am scared of what the future holds for me and my career. I hope and know that I will do the best for my patients and myself. I look forward to seeing everyone read on in the near future.

Till then, Medic13 signing off.